Tomato Basil Quinoa Salad

Me and the DH just started an herb garden and our basil has gone crazy. I needed to use it up and this recipe did the trick. I used 2 cups of cooked quinoa, salt and pepper, a bunch of basil and 1 large chopped tomato. The DH still needed some protein so I added some cooked sausage. You can drizzle on some balsamic vinaigrette to your taste. I refrigerated over night and had it for lunch the next day. It was fresh tasting from the basil and tomatoes but still filled you up from the protein and quinoa. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. wonderful. doesn't even need oranges or anything else to make it sweet. i was starving so i didn't let it sit for a while. it was still great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting combination of flavors; used sesame oil and raisins per recipe and am glad I did as gave it a more unique flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really enjoyed this. To make it nutless I left out the almonds. Also I used dried mint because that was what I had in the house. Served it to company and it was a big success. I'll definitely make it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this exactly according to recipe, and it's fantastic. I'm glad I didn't veto the raisins which sounded weird or sesame oil. Something about all these things together is magic. Thanks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...