Pesto


After harvesting a good portion of my basil I decided to make some pesto..This came out super good! We made pesto potatoes and poured it over baked chicken. You can use it in place of pasta sauce or pizza sauce. I used a mix of Italian and purple basil. You usually use Parmesan-Reggiano but I like Asiago Fresco

Ingredients:
4 cups basil
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts 
5 teaspoons minced garlic
2/3 cup + 1/2 cup Olive oil
1 cup shredded Asiago Fresco

Directions:
Add basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a blender and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add 2/3 cup of the oil and cheese, blend then slowly stream in 1/2 cup oil. Blend till smooth.

1 comment:

  1. I love pesto. I just made some the other night too. We usually use walnuts instead of pine nuts. It doesn't really change the taste but I think they are more nutritious and they are cheaper. It's delicious on everything.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...