Swiss Chard


I never cooked or ate Swiss chard before so when my sister gave me a huge bunch I was clueless. I ended up treating it like spinach. It has a real earthy taste and its something i need to buy more of and try out. I read up that you need to use it fresh. If its old like you get form a supermarket its not as flavorful. My sister gave me ones she got from her garden that day so it was very fresh. I guess farmers markets are the way to go if you have no green thumb (like me).

Ingredients:

1 large bunch of fresh Swiss chard cleaned and ribs chopped off
1/2 an onion chopped
1 garlic clove minced
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp water
1 teaspoon butter
Salt
On medium-high heat cook, garlic and onion in olive oil for a couple minutes. Add the chopped Swiss chard leaves. Stir fry for about 7-10 minutes Add salt to taste, and a dollop of butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...