Lets Talk Turkey


I LOVE November. The eggnog, cheap turkeys, sales and cold weather... OK I know i live in Hawaii but it still gets chilly here, and the cold brings out the cook in me. I remember the first time i cooked a turkey. Wow!! That was the driest bird I ever seen. After several years you really get to know what your doing. My husband went out and got 6 turkeys this year, I guess since there only around 6 bucks why not! you can make so much....ground it up, roast it and a new one for us... BBQ it.. The hubby got the idea from his Boss. It came out good. A smokey flavor and it cooked real fast (faster then mine in the oven) but one downfall is the presentation was horrible. It looked as if the turkey was in a fire! black black black!!! No drippings for a gravy and the skin was wasted. Once you took of the skin you were left with a perfect smokey turkey. I of course went the safe route and roasted mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...