Portuguese Bean Soup

This is a recipe from my friend Maile, I enjoyed this soup and so did others I made it for. Simple and delicious! We had it on the side of pastrami sandwiches, great dinner, Thanks Maile! Quick tip..... Use a large pot because its alot of cabbage, It does boil down but still makes a good 4 quarts.

Ingredients:
20 oz Portuguese sausage sliced
1 large carrot chopped
2 peeled potatoes chopped
2 med onions chopped
1 quart water
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 tablespoon salt
2 (15oz) cans drained kidney beans
3 pounds chopped cabbage

Directions:
Add onion and Sausage to pot and fry for 10 minutes. Add all ingredients except beans and cabbage. Bring to a boil then turn down heat and simmer for 15 minutes covered. Add beans and cabbage, simmer for 20 minutes more.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to remember this! My hubby is Portuguese and he'll be so thrilled when I make this :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...